Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Zenith: The Androma Saga #1 by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings | Review

29569157
Publisher: Mirabel Inc.
Publish Date: June 21 2016 (Part One)
Page Amount: Not Completed
Price: $1.99 eBook (Part One)
ISBN: 1311167609 (ISBN13: 9781311167606)


"There is darkness sweeping across the stars.

Most know her as the Bloody Baroness, the captain of a fearsome glass starship called The Marauder. Androma and her crew strike terror in the hearts of those who cross them amongst the many corners of the Mirabel Galaxy.

When a routine mission goes rogue, the all-female crew is captured by a bounty hunter from Andi’s past and forced into a job that could, quite literally, start a war that will devour worlds.

Meanwhile, on the far side of the galaxy, the ruthless ruler Nor waits in the shadows of the planet Xen Ptera, biding her time. The final pieces are about to fall into place, liberating a plan that will tear Mirabel in two.

As the Marauder hurtles toward the unknown, there is one lesson that proves to be true: No one can be trusted in a galaxy that runs on lies and illusion.

From internet sensation Sasha Alsberg and multi-genre author Lindsay Cummings comes a new serialized space opera, full of action, intrigue, and steamy star-crossed romance.

Perfect for fans of Hugh Howie, Sarah J Maas, and Beth Revis." 

Zenith
is a stellar space tale full of action, suspense, and romance that will leave you thirsty for more!

Sasha & Lindsay, you guys did an amazing job with this first part of Zenith.

I just want to give a little bit of background on my interest in this book, just because it's origins are meaningful and important to me, and I think we all have a little something to learn from them. If you don't know this already, I'm a teen blogger. I've been blogging for almost two years now, and even before I was doing that, I was watching Youtube videos about books, following authors on Twitter and engaging in friendly, book-related chats with pretty much anyone on the internet.

I discovered Sasha's channel right around the time when I was getting started with blogging. It had been a few months since I made my first post on my blog, and I didn't really know what I was doing or how to schedule a blog post so that my readers didn't see seven posts in one day. (Yes, that really did happen!). Needless to say, I fell in love with her channel. Seeing a then high-school student around my own age talk about the books that she loves spoke volumes to me. It was something I had never seen before. I was inspired. I was there for the majority of Sasha's senior year - I saw everything from amazing book talks to exciting news about where she is headed to college. In fact, without her channel, I wouldn't be a part of the Emerson College Class of 2021. I wouldn't have found it to begin with.

I found Lindsay on Twitter, like I did most authors at the time. Though I didn't own any of her books then (I remedied that situation) I loved seeing her interactions with other people. She just seems like she is an extremely nice person who loves what she does, and we all need more happiness in our lives like what Lindsey promotes. Though my only real "interaction" with Lindsay has been liking her Instagram posts here and there, I still feel like we value a lot of the same things. I want to be an author too, and I'm battling my own physical limitations every day. Though it doesn't affect my writing as much as it does my mentality and physical state, it's still something I have to work through, and seeing Lindsay work through that has given me the strength I need to work through that too.

As you can tell, I have a lot of emotional investment in this book. When I first heard that Sasha and Lindsay were writing a book together, I was so excited! I could instantly tell that this book would be a hit.

After reading the first part of Zenith: The Androma Saga, I have to say that most of my doubts were lifted. I actually ended up enjoying this read a lot more than I thought I would. I was mainly worried due to the fact that this book had two authors. I was worried that the writing styles of Sasha and Lindsay might not mix very well, that there would be a very clear distinction between Sasha's writing and Lindsay's writing, not because of experience, but because of their individuality and voice. I had worried that the "switch" between writing styles would be too much to handle and that it would distract me from the plot of the book as a whole.

But, to be honest, I can't tell you who wrote which parts of the book. I don't even know if they switched off writing in this part, because the flow was that amazing.

I didn't really know what to expect when I started reading this book. Sure, I had read the synopsis on Goodreads and seen a few tweets here or there about Zenith, but other than that, there was a very minimal interaction. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but when I read the first page I was instantly blown away. Who knew you could fit so much ACTION into nine chapters of a book? I don't want to say too much for the sake of spoilers, but the pacing of this action-fueled plot was absolutely perfect. Nothing seemed to drag, there was just enough introduction to all of the characters, and then, the action begins.

The one thing I didn't like about this information-loading is that, in the first few chapters, there seemed to be too much world-building. It seemed like conflicts and names of these places were being dropped on me one after the other, and I didn't really get a chance to comprehend or understand it before another piece of world-building was added into the equation. I definitely felt that I could understand the characters based on what I learned about them and their interaction with others, but I still don't feel like I can understand the world as much as I want to. The world-building development seemed way too fast for me, but hopefully in the next installments of Zenith, I can catch up!

Speaking of characters, I love the all-female crew of The Marauder! It was very refreshing to see that each of the crew members had very distinct and different personalities. I loved how none of the crew members adhered to a certain literary trope, but had their own unique "quirks" in their personality. I can't say much about the other characters yet, because I don't know too much about them at this point, but I'm definitely interested to see where this adventure will take them.

Zenith: The Androma Saga is the young adult book you have been waiting for. I read Part One in less than 30 minutes and I couldn't put it down! This has to be one of the best science fiction novels of 2016. I have never heard of a young adult book with a story as unique as this one. This dynamic group of spunky female space pirates is sure to hold a special place in your heart, and on your bookshelf. I cannot wait to see what is in store for Andi and her crew!

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

GIVEAWAY!
Want to read Zenith? Now is your chance! Familiarize yourself with my giveaway policies page (located at the top of the blog) and then enter the giveaway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog posts! I will always try and get back to each and every single one of your comments! Please feel free to leave suggestions for new books to review, as well as comments on the individual reviews themselves. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!