Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I Have Some News..... | Important Update

To my blogging community, I've been holding out on you.

I have been keeping a massive secret from you, for what seems like months and years. I have had to watch what I was saying on social media, whether that be from carefully wording each and every tweet and even watching what I retweet. I've had to stop myself, no matter how excited I was, from speaking with each and every one with you about it.

To say the least, it has been very hard to do. But now, I can finally reveal what I consider to be the biggest news ever.



I PUBLISHED A BOOK! 


Do you see the "by" line? That has my name on it! 

It has honestly been so difficult to not reveal this to all of you! I wanted to wait until I had the physical copies of the first batch of books in my hand, my author website *squeal* almost finished, and the order form ready! Now that I shared this with you, I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. 

But wait, Sheridan. Won't you tell us what it's about?

Of course! Here is the official synopsis below: 

Lui, the dump truck, and his friends are constantly bullied by Hank - the largest dump truck in the school - everyday when the class goes out to recess. After being bullied for his small size one too many times, Lui decides enough is enough, and he wants to put an end to the constant bullying.

Hank challenges Lui to an all-out battle to see who can really be King of the Mountain! But, will Lui crack under pressure?

This is one of many book dealing with problems that are too commonly seen and heard of in today's society. Bullying is a huge issue that needs to be confronted in schools around the world.

The story of Hank and Lui: King of the Mountain promotes an anti-bullying message while raising self-esteem and confidence of its readers. This book helps children realize that bullying is wrong, and everyone deserves a second chance. In the end, what lies in the heart is what really matters.


Do you LOVE it?

This is a children's book, and the first in line of many books to come from me! 

I have worked extremely hard on making this dream of mine come true...from years of concept art done by multiple illustrators, multiple redesigns of the characters, and even a change in how the book was to be published, I've had a lot of setbacks. But I wouldn't redo it for the world, because I have an amazing book that I am extremely proud of and a dream of mine now accomplished. 

If you want a copy of my book, you can place an order through THIS WEBPAGE. If the link isn't working for you, just type www.hankandlui.com into your browser! The official website will be up soon (I'm putting the final touches on it right now), but you can order the book through Paypal. Plus, you can subscribe to my mailing list while you are there, if you feel so inclined! 

If you want the book personalized, there are special instructions. In the "note to seller" on Paypal, just write "Personalized to *insert name here*"!  I'll sign it to anyone and include a short message if desired (like Happy Birthday!). Also, I have some bookmarks to give away along with my books! If you placed an order, let me know so that I can thank you!

Note: For international readers, the process and handling fees may be slightly higher than the price listed. Please contact me before you place your order if you live outside of the United States! 

Okay, so now what? 

I have a few awesome next steps planned in my "Hank and Lui" journey. I'm not only planning to throw an amazing book release party for my friends and family at home (which, don't worry, there will be a virtual one too!) but I'm also planning a book tour! (That being said, if you are in the United States and you know of any awesome bookstores in your area that would be willing to host a children's author, let me know! For my international readers, I'm sure I'll be planning something in the future!)

I'm actually already working on the second book of the series, and I can't wait to share that with you as well! 

For now, you can follow me on my social media accounts (listed on the sidebar of my blog) and follow the specific Facebook page for my new book, if you want to!  

I can't believe that I finally get to share all of this with you. I have worked SO hard to make this idea of mine a reality, and it's finally coming to life. I can't thank you enough for all of your support! I'll see you on the next leg of the journey!

Use the comments down below to (1) tell me the name of an awesome bookstore in your area and (2) ask me anything that you want to know about my book/the publishing journey! I'll likely answer these questions in a future blog post :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog posts! I will always try and get back to each and every single one of your comments! Please feel free to leave suggestions for new books to review, as well as comments on the individual reviews themselves. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!