Monday, July 18, 2016

The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett | Moodboard Monday



Do you not know what "Moodboard Monday" is? Check out this post that explains it! 

THE ANATOMICAL SHAPE OF A HEART


Who was your favorite character in the book? 

My favorite character from this book was Jack! There was just something about him that pulled me in.

Did you pick any specific characters or scenes to be represented in your Moodboard?

I tried to include a variety of pictures that focus on Bex, a picture or two that focus on Jack, and a picture or two that focus on both of them. I wanted to incorporate more of Bex and her passions because the story does focus on her quite a lot (plus she is a very interesting person), so I wanted to give her the spotlight she deserves.

Did your Mood Board take a specific color scheme? If you actively chose one, why did you chose that specific color? 

I think that all of the pictures of Bex tend to have a beige coloring to them, a yellowish tone. The other ones, because most of them are during the night time, tend to be darker and have a little bit more contrast. I think this is interesting because to me, I think you could tie the plot of the book into these pictures as well: the life Bex lives in the daytime is completely different than what she does at night, or what she does with Jack.

Was there a picture that you just couldn't find to incorporate into your mood board? If you can answer it with little to no spoilers, tell us how it related to the book!

I really wanted to find a girl standing in front of a medical facility, with a lab coat & some equipment (even if it was just a clipboard in her hand), but I understand that the Internet doesn't have every single picture that I want, and I'm okay with that. I found some really cool alternate shots, and I'm still really happy with how my Moodboard turned out!

If you read the book, what was your rating for it? Link us to your review if you have one! :)

If you want to read my review of the book, you can click here! I actually read this book as part of the Sunday Street Team all the way back in November of 2015 (which was oh-so-long ago!).

Synopsis of the Book:
Artist Beatrix Adams knows exactly how she's spending the summer before her senior year. Determined to follow in Da Vinci's footsteps, she's ready to tackle the one thing that will give her an advantage in a museum-sponsored scholarship contest: drawing actual cadavers. But when she tries to sneak her way into the hospital's Willed Body program and misses the last metro train home, she meets a boy who turns her summer plans upside down.
Did you participate in MoodBoard Monday this week? Link me to your post in the comments! Did you read this book? What did you enjoy about it/rate it?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog posts! I will always try and get back to each and every single one of your comments! Please feel free to leave suggestions for new books to review, as well as comments on the individual reviews themselves. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!