Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Ten Books Set Outside The US | Top Ten Tuesday

I don't know about you, but when I was trying to pick a list of books that I had read for this week's Top Ten Tuesday post, it was kind of difficult to do! For this reason, I'm going to spin the topic a little bit, and make it Ten Books Set Outside of the United States (that I have either read or heard of!)

I'm going to do my best to tell you a blogger that I associate with each of the following books too, just for some added fun. We all have the books that we are "known for", right? :)


The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
You know that this one had to be the first one on my list. Seriously. Wizards and witches and magical things all at Hogwarts? (Did you get that reference?) It has been my dream to visit the UK, partially thanks to this amazing series. Xander from ForeverBookish has an impressive HP collection, but I think I'm working my way up to him too! :)

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
The Lunar Chronicles is set in Eastern Commonwealth and Luna, mainly. (I haven't read the whole series yet, so that information might be wrong, but the majority of the first few books takes place there!). The Eastern Commonwealth is based in Asia, and Luna is based on the moon! Brittany from The Book Addicts Guide has an amazing Lunar Chronicles collection!

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Obviously, this book is set in France. I haven't read this book yet, but Andi from Andi's ABCs has me convinced on reading it in August. If you don't know, Andi has a massive collection of these books, and she is the first blogger that comes to mind when I think of this book.

Black Widow: Forever Red & Black Widow: Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl
Both of these books have pieces of the story that take place in New York, but the majority of the missions in this book take place outside of the US. Yes, I did get an advance copy of Black Widow: Red Vengeance and it was so good! :)

I like to think that I am the blogger with the extensive Black Widow collection but I might be wrong. XD

Jess over at Princessica of Books offered to help me out with the next few books, simply because I was running out of books to list. Here are the books that she told me about.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief takes place in Germany, and Jess told me that it is her favorite standalone, ever. I haven't read this one yet - mainly because in school, a teacher of mine didn't like it and we have a somewhat similar taste in books - but I'm likely going to get my hands on it soon.

The Art of Not Breathing by Sarah Alexander
Jess also suggested this book, which takes place in Scotland. I don't know a lot about this one. However, I do know that Sasha from ABookUtopia loves Scotland (which may or may not be because of Outlander), so this might be a book for her if she hasn't already read it.

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Okay, I know, I listed Anna and the French Kiss way before this one. But what I didn't know about this book is that it takes place in Spain! (Fun Fact: I've been to Madrid and Valladolid, and I absolutely loved it!). I have no clue where this takes place within Spain, but I know I definitely have to read this book because of that!

Estefani from Fiction Jungle recommended the following book to me.

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Jellicoe Road takes place in Australia. I have to say, I definitely remember trying to read this one in the past, but I can't remember what it is about or even if I finished it! I think that's a sign for me to pick it up again, don't you think?

Anette from AnetteReads  also suggested a book to me, and this is her favorite book that takes place out of the United States.

The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
This book takes place in Czech Republic, specifically Prague. I've seen this book but I have never read it. Tell me if you enjoyed this one in the comments below!

Ryan from UnBookly told me that his favorite book that takes place outside of the United States is Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. 

His tweet was too funny to not include in my post this week.

That is it for this week's Top Ten Tuesday! Do you have any more books that you love which are set outside of the United States? Let me know in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog posts! I will always try and get back to each and every single one of your comments! Please feel free to leave suggestions for new books to review, as well as comments on the individual reviews themselves. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!