Monday, July 4, 2016

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl | Moodboard Monday

If you read my post on Friday, you would know that I recently finished reading the book Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. I thought this book would be a great book to post a mood board for, so I made my own!

Do you not know what "Moodboard Monday" is? Check out this post that explains it! 


Who was your favorite character in the book? 
My favorite character was, without a doubt, Rachel! 

Did you pick any specific characters or scenes to be represented in your Moodboard?
I didn't really pick any specific "scenes", but I kind of wanted to capture the essence of the characters. Greg is the boy in all of the shots, I have two of him with a camera because his passion is creating films. The middle picture is supposed to represent the book that he is writing. For Rachel, I wanted to capture her "style" by picking an outfit that I think she would wear. 

Did your Mood Board take a specific color scheme? If you actively chose one, why did you chose that specific color? 
I didn't actively choose a color scheme, but it seems like all of my pictures have a yellow tint. Maybe that's fitting, because it seems like you are looking through a film cell. Yellow to me also represents happiness, and even though there are a lot of sad things happening in this book, there are also a lot of great happy memories that Greg reflects on. 

Was there a picture that you just couldn't find to incorporate into your mood board? If you can answer it with little to no spoilers, tell us how it related to the book!

Oh goodness, I really wanted to find a picture that looked like Rachel while she was in the hospital. I just couldn't find a picture that captured the mood I wanted. I can't say too much about that mood without spoiling the book though, so I guess you have to read it! 

If you read the book, what was your rating for it? Link us to your review if you have one! :)

If you want to read my review of the book, you can click here! I actually really enjoyed reading this book. If you haven't read the book, I'll include the summary below.

"Greg Gaines is the last master of high school espionage, able to disappear at will into any social environment. He has only one friend, Earl, and together they spend their time making movies, their own incomprehensible versions of Coppola and Herzog cult classics.

Until Greg’s mother forces him to rekindle his childhood friendship with Rachel.

Rachel has been diagnosed with leukemia—-cue extreme adolescent awkwardness—-but a parental mandate has been issued and must be obeyed. When Rachel stops treatment, Greg and Earl decide the thing to do is to make a film for her, which turns into the Worst Film Ever Made and becomes a turning point in each of their lives.

And all at once Greg must abandon invisibility and stand in the spotlight."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog posts! I will always try and get back to each and every single one of your comments! Please feel free to leave suggestions for new books to review, as well as comments on the individual reviews themselves. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!