Monday, August 8, 2016

AND I DARKEN by Kiersten White | Mood Board Monday


You may recall that on Friday, I posted my written review of AND I DARKEN on the blog, and I also recorded a video review that I posted on my YouTube channel a couple of weeks ago.

Well, I thought that now would be a perfect time to create a mood board for this book as well!





Who was your favorite character in the book?
This won't be a surprise, but I absolutely adored Lada!

Did you pick any specific characters or scenes to be represented in your Mood board?
Because of my love for Lada, I wanted to grab a few pictures that represented her as a character and also her roots of where she came from. While I couldn't find some of the pictures that I wanted, I did incorporate the buildings & architecture from Wallachia and the Ottoman Courts. To me, that represents her roots and the new struggles and changes that she has to deal with throughout the book.

Did your Mood Board take a specific color scheme? If you actively chose one, why did you chose that specific color?
I think my mood board took on a grey-ish color scheme. I didn't actively choose one, but once I noticed that the majority of my pictures for this weeks mood board had a similar color scheme, I tried to stay away from images that didn't fit the color scheme!

I think this week's mood board was steered toward a grey-ish color scheme because of the castle pictures I chose. Also, the background for the images of Lada's character also are darker, which contributes to that theme as well.

Was there a picture that you just couldn't find to incorporate into your mood board? If you can answer it with little to no spoilers, tell us how it related to the book!
Yes, there were a few pictures I couldn't find to incorporate in my mood board, but I can only reveal one of those pictures! I don't want to spoil this book for you!

I wish I could have found a photo of Janissaries training that suited the color scheme of my mood board. I found one picture of a Janissary, but it was a painting and it also didn't fit with the color scheme of my mood board. Oh well!

If you read the book, what was your rating for it? Link us to your review if you have one! :)


I did read this book! As I mentioned at the top of this post, I have a written review, and a video review, which you can read/watch by clicking on the respective links!

I loved this book, and I can definitely understand the hype around this one! I rated it 5 out of 5 stars, and I cannot wait for the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog posts! I will always try and get back to each and every single one of your comments! Please feel free to leave suggestions for new books to review, as well as comments on the individual reviews themselves. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!