Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR From Before I Started Blogging That I STILL Haven't Read Yet | Top Ten Tuesday

For this week's Top Ten Tuesday, it's all about books that we meant to read in our pre-blogging era. Granted, that was two years ago (I would have been 15) and I still haven't really purged the books I don't want to read anymore from my shelves . However, the books on THIS list are books that I have FULL INTENTIONS of reading -- I just haven't gotten to them yet.

Maybe you could help me by suggesting a few to read from this list, or linking me to your own TBR so I can get some more ideas :)

Without further adieu, here are some of the books I mean to read in the near future. :)
PERCY JACKSON: THE LAST OLYMPIAN by Rick Riordan

I know..I know...this book has been out for an extremely long time. It's strange because I absolutely loved the series, but for some reason I just couldn't get through the last book. Thanks to the giveaway I won from Katie's Book Blog, I now have the entire Percy Jackson series, and I'm slowly working my way through them. I'm on the third book now, and I'm actually enjoying my re-read!

THE PROGRAM by Suzanne Young

Okay, I really want to read this one! It has still been on my TBR, I just can't find a copy of it! I don't order books online, unless it is for a pre-order, and that's probably one of the only reasons I haven't read this book yet. The bookstore that I love to go to always has the other books in the series, but never the first one! I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game. 

CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein

A friend of mine recommended this book to me, and we both have very similar taste in books. I love historical fiction, and this one seemed right up my alley. I don't know -- I guess as soon as I started blogging (which was around when I heard about this book) I was swept up into reading books that were a little bit different. I guess this one just fell behind the other books that I was reading, though I do intend to read it someday. 

SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo

Even now, everyone LOVES this book. I didn't add this book to my TBR before I started blogging, but it was pretty soon after, so I think this counts. I still haven't read this book. I have it, it's signed to me, and I met Leigh, but still, I haven't read it. To be honest, I'm still not entirely sure what it's about, and I think that scares me just a little bit. 

THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Steifvater

I won a copy of the first book through my school's summer reading program, and I meant to read it that summer. I didn't. I met Maggie this year at one of her tour events for THE RAVEN KING (Maggie, by the way, is absolutely amazing and I loved every minute of her tour). I even put this book at the tip top of my TBR this summer, and yet, I still haven't read it. I'm going on vacation soon, so maybe this will be a nice book to read over the drive. 


That's it for this week's Top Ten Tuesday! Do you want to help me out and leave a book recommendation below? What did you enjoy about each of these books? (no spoilers please!) Do you have a book that you still haven't read after years of it being on your TBR? Let me know in the comments below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog posts! I will always try and get back to each and every single one of your comments! Please feel free to leave suggestions for new books to review, as well as comments on the individual reviews themselves. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!